Etienne Rivière’s personal web corner
I have been a professor of Computer Science at UCLouvain since September 2017.
Before joining UCLouvain, I was a lecturer at Université de Neuchâtel, Switzerland since 2011.
I obtained my PhD in 2007 from Inria/University of Rennes under the guidance of Prof. Anne-Marie Kermarrec.
I was an ERCIM Alain Bensoussan fellow at NTNU Trondheim and University of Neuchâtel (UniNE) in 2008-2009
I am a member of the Louvain School of Engineering (EPL).
I lead the Cloud and Large-Scale Computing group, part of the ICTEAM research institute and its INGI (Computer Science) department, which I also currently co-chair.
My research activities and publications are detailed in the research section of this website.
You can also consult my DBLP and Google Scholar profiles.
I am currently leading or participating the following externally-funded projects at UCLouvain:
- ARC project RAINDROP (2022-2027): Cross-stack Adaptation for the Edgification of Microservices Applications (with Prof Ramin Sadre, UCLouvain and Prof. Anthony Clève, UNamur)
- Wallonia region CyberExcellence: supervising the activities around WP4 of a large, multi-university project on CyberSecurity research (lead: Prof Axel Legay)
- Wallonia region GEPICIAD (2021-2025): Elastic and predictive infrastructure management for data lakes and big data processing.
- FNRS FLECSIWAB (2021-): Setup of a federated infrastructure for experimental research in systems and networks in Wallonia and Brussels
I was previously leading the following projects:
- Innoviris SSHC (2021-2023): Security and privacy for smart-home environments and social interactions in home care scenarios (with Prof Axel Legay and Prof Grégoire Lits)
- Innoviris FairBCaaS (2019-2021): Benchmarking performances and bringing fairness in BlockChain-as-a-Service (with Prof Ramin Sadre)
- FNRS DAPOCA (2019-2021): Dynamic and Adaptive Placement and Orchestration of Cloud Applications
- PI in H2020 Twinning project EBSIS (2016-2018);
- Coordinator of CHIST-ERA DIONASYS project (2015-2018);
- Coordinator of EU FP7 LEADS project (2012-2015);
- Participant in the EU FP7 SRT-15 project (2010-2013).
Some of my recent service and involvement:
- PC co-chair for ACM DEBS 2022;
- Shadow PC co-chair for ACM EuroSys 2020;
- Steering Committee member for Compas, the French-speaking series of conference in systems, architecture and parallelism;
- Doctoral workshop co-chair for ACM/IFIP Middleware 2019, at UC Davis, CA, USA;
- Workshops co-chair for IEEE SRDS 2019 in Lyon, France;
- Publicity chair for ACM EuroSys 2019 in Dresden, Germany;
- Chair of ACM SIGOPS France (ASF) from 2014 to 2018 (and now honorary chair);
- Steering committee member for the OPODIS conference series (2015 to 2018);
- PC co-chair for DAIS 2018;
- Workshops chair for EDCC 2018 in Iaşi, Romania;
- Workshops chair for ACM EuroSys 2017 in Belgrade, Serbia;
- Publication chair for ACM EuroSys 2015 in Bordeaux, France;
- Publicity chair for ACM Middleware 2014 in Bordeaux, France;
- Workshops chair for OPODIS 2014 in Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy;
I am or have recently been a member of the program committee for
[Middlewedge 2022 (Middleware 2022 workshop)]
[Consensus Days 2022]
[ApPLIED 2022 (PODC 2022 workshop)]
[IEEE/IFIP DSN 2022]
[ACM Middleware 2021]
[IEEE SRDS 2021]
[IEEE/IFIP LADC 2021]
[IEEE/IFIP DSN 2021]
[ACM Middleware 2020]
[IEEE ICDCS 2020]
[IEEE SRDS 2020]
[ACM DEBS 2020]
[IFIP DAIS 2019]
[IEEE/IFIP DSN 2019]
[ACM EuroSys 2018]
[IEEE/IFIP DSN 2018]
[ACM Middleware 2018]
[ICDE 2018 (demos track)]